Be a valuable contributor to the way health care is being delivered! Activate Healthcare provides holistic and proactive primary care services to members of the organizations we serve. We listen first and then provide a unique primary care experience that delivers exceptional participation and results!
Our Advanced Practice Providers provide medical care and wellness coaching for Activate Healthcare patients. The APP supports the physician, performs minor medical services and engages patients in collaboratively setting and achieving personalized goals to support comprehensive health and well-being. In addition, the APP must be an effective and proactive team player.
As our organization grows, we are always interested in talking to Advance Practice Providers who might be interested in joining our organization.
The APP role includes three areas:
- Conduct one-on-one health coaching sessions with patients.
- Complete coach training requirements and apply Transtheoretical Model and Motivational Interviewing principles to all patient interactions
- Develop individualized health plans for patients which address health improvement along the entire continuum – well-being through chronic condition management.
- Promote ongoing engagement of patients toward behavior change and health goal and activity completion.
- Provide medical services under the supervision of a physician
- Provide acute/episodic care
- Obtain, update and review medical histories
- Perform physical examinations
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, including radiologic exams, EKG’s, laboratory studies
- Diagnose medical conditions
- Determine, execute and manage treatment plan
- Prescribe and manage medications
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding health conditions, health maintenance, and prescribed treatment plan
- Perform minor medical procedures, including suturing and excisions
- Assist with occupational injuries and disability issues
- Perform Department of Transportation physical examinations
- Complete accurate and thorough documentation of all patient encounters in EMR system
Wellness Center Support
- Support the employer culture of health progress through facilitation and/or participation in wellness-oriented activities including educational events, lunch & learns, health fairs and open houses
- Stay current in availability of local community health promotion and wellness resources
- Understand all employer-sponsored health and well-being programs available to employees and their families (e.g. health insurance programs, employee assistance programs, etc.) and identify ways to integrate with and/or promote these programs
- Participate in and provide health promotion, coaching and Wellness Center insight within the employer Wellness Council, as appropriate
- Support Wellness Council’s implementation of programs, activities, and initiatives identified in the strategic plan
- Assist Wellness Center in daily healthcare operations
- Identify opportunities to improve the cultural environment to facilitate health promotion for employees and families; share ideas with the Wellness Council or client representative and support change efforts
If you’re interested in joining the Activate Team, we’d love to speak with you! Please email CV’s and Resume to: